ABOUT THE GLOCAL
Tourism is a fundamental vector in local development for thousands of communities around the world, with great sustainability challenges and with a strong impact on GDP and jobs generation, being also the main victim of the COVID 19 pandemic . The 1st GLOCAL Forum on Tourism and Economic Development promoted a meeting of tourism leaders at a global and local level. This II edition will not only share different visions, experiences and policies, but we will discuss the innovation tools, educational and training proposals. This will give us the chance to project together the best way for the reactivation and renewal of tourism for the future.
The event is organized in Sessions, with keynote speakers, panels and round tables which will take place along two days. Each session will offer oral presentations by renowned invited speakers from all around the world.
The hybrid format and what it means
Depending on your preferences and possibilities, you can attend the GLOCAL FORMAT in two completely different ways: in person or online.
Last year’s events made it clear that to continue training and sharing knowledge, we need more creative and flexible ways of communicating.
That is why a Hybrid Format for our Forum.
With this modality, you can choose between two participation options.
The hybrid format will allow them:
- Participate in all academic sessions
- Interact with speakers and experts
- Network with colleagues during lunch and coffee breaks
- Experience the tourist attractions
For those who prefer to enjoy the Forum online from their home or workplace, the hybrid format will allow them to:
- Follow the academic sessions by live broadcast anywhere in the world
- Participate through live questions and answers
- Local, regional and national government officials.
- Public and Private International organizations and institutions.
- Tourism, transportation, education, innovation, technology, employment, infrastructure, migration and international relations areas.
- Professionals of the sector.
- Academics from universities around the world.
- Entrepreneurs in tourism.